Import for serving or retail sale purposes

The holder of a serving or retail trade licence can import the alcoholic beverages they have the right to serve or sell for their serving or retail sale operations. A notification of the commencement of import must be submitted to the National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health (Valvira).

Prior to the commencement of import operations, the licence holder must submit a notification to Valvira on acting as an importer. Import operations can be commenced once Valvira has confirmed the receipt of the import notification.

Submit the import notification in the e-service of the alcohol trade register Allu.

The processing time varies on a case-by-case basis, but the intention is to process notifications within 14 days of arrival. The processing fee is determined in accordance with the Decree of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. For notifications submitted by 31 December 2025, it is EUR 400.