Service provider register Soteri
In Soteri you can submit registration applications, notifications and changes related to social welfare, health care or early childhood education and care. The Soteri register is a joint register between the National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health Valvira and the Regional State Administrative Agencies.
Soteri compiles the organisation and service data of private social welfare and health care as well as the permit data of private ECEC service providers and day-care centres in one place.
To operate as a service provider you must know Finnish or Swedish.
Read more about the Soteri register: Information about Soteri for social welfare and health care service providers (in Finnish) Information about Soteri for private ECEC service providers (in Finnish)
Soteri contains the following:
- basic knowledge of private social welfare and health care service providers, services and personnel
- basic knowledge of private ECEC service providers, day-care centres and personnel
- information on limited stocks of medicinal products in accordance with the Medicines Act
The development of Soteri continues. Later, the following will also be included in Soteri:
- basic knowledge of public social welfare and health care service providers, services and personnel
- sanction data concerning the supervision of service providers and service units
Electronic services of the Soteri register
The service providers submit applications electronically to Soteri.
You can submit a registration application, notification and change related to social welfare, health care or early childhood education and care in Soteri electronic services. The application, notification or change is automatically referred to the correct Regional State Administrative Agency or the National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health Valvira for processing. You can also manage your own contact information in the electronic services. The basic information on companies is sent to Soteri from the Business Information System (BIS) service. Please check with the BIS that your information is up to date.
- Electronic services require strong identification with, for example, online banking codes.
- As the service provider's only signatory, you can use your online banking codes, for example, to identify yourself in the Soteri electronic services. The service provider must grant Suomi.fi e-Authorizations to other users of Soteri. Instructions for granting authorisations can be found on the Suomi.fi website.
- For the time being, electronic services can only be used by people who have a Finnish personal identity code.
- Also read the instructions for using the Soteri electronic services (pdf, in Finnish).